The last thing my dad gave me before he died is this little card full of nice thoughts to remember. He called it the Daily Focus.
- I live by my own high standards.
- I maintain dignity and grace under pressure
- I focus on and improve upon the behavior of others
- I operate from a larger inclusive perspective
- I increase the quality of every experience
- I kindly counteract meanness, pettiness & vulgarity
- I take responsibility for my actions and results
- I strengthen the integrity of all situations
- I expand the meaning of being human
- I increase the confidence and capabilities of others
The reason he did this is because at the time I was being badly bullied at school, and he wanted me to remember that I’m better than any bully out there.